In 2001, a business man and a pastor met with Carolyn, asking for a kindergarten in English for their children. Two children came to the Walker home five days a week. With no curriculum the children learned to read. When the year concluded, the parents were very pleased as their children were speaking English and could read. The following September, the school registered 21 students, necessary grades were added. ACE curriculum purchased.
El Shaddai Learning Center has 100 plus students ranging from pre-school through high school. The center operates in three rented buildings, and has 18 Haitian employees and 6 American volunteers.
What we provide
- An education in English
- A food program: a full meal served four days a week
- New building purchased for school. Construction needs equal US$50,000.
- Yearly expenses for the operation of the school: US$40,000.
- ACE curriculum
- Food program
- Rental buildings:
- Renting school for kindergarten
- Renting school for primary and secondary
- Transportation (Fuel)
- An individual or couple to spear head leadership at ESLC under the direction of Pastor Gary and Dr. Carolyn.
- School supplies
- Fuel for generator and vehicles
- Rent until construction is complete
- Full size school bus
- Bring ESLC to a self- sustaining level without Touch subsidy.
- Day Care for very young children of working mothers.